The museum is located in the magnificent Villa Hélène, which became both home and art studio of the eclectic Norwegian-American sculptor Hendrik Christian Andersen 1898 till 1940 in Rome. He disposed that after his death the palace as well as his statue collection had to be donated to the Italian Republic. In the two large workshops of the ground floor the museum houses more than 400 pieces mostly dedicated to his project of an imaginary city of art.
Back to Top